sábado, 1 de mayo de 2021

It's Been 10 +1 Years Now!

Yesterday, Megatotoro gave me a present.  It was a funny T-shirt that I really liked:

Today, while I was wearing it, I realized that tomorrow is the anniversary of my blog.

So, after 11 years, I am still a Linux user.

Who would have thought?

My walk started almost by accident, with a modest Asus Eee PC with Xandros preinstalled (The legendary MiniMe!)  I never thought that such a humble machine with change the way I use computers in such a profound way.  

I was re-reading the first entry that I posted on this blog and a bitter-sweet wave of memories made me smile.  

So much has changed since then!

I listed there some programs that I do not use anymore... Frozen Bubble, for example.  How come I do not have that game any longer?  THAT cute game was the deciding factor in ditching Windows!

But the world changes and so do people.  New games come (Steam powered, he-he) and even the distros that I started using are different now.  Everything changes.

Yet, I am glad that I can rely on my Linux computers, just in the same way like the day I quit Windows.  Linux  has truly made my work easier and less worrisome... (Boy!  I've been online without an antivirus for 11 years!)

I should make the anniversary picture to decorate this entry.  Yes, I should. Something with a cake and clapping hands.  A celebration picture! (Or I could...)

HAPPY 11TH ANNIVERSARY, MANDRIVA LINUX CHRONICLES!!!


 



 

1 comentario:

  1. Whoa, good timing then! :P Happy anniversary, from someone who still has Frozen Bubble (but who has no time to play it!)

    ResponderEliminar

And the Magic is Ready!

Two weeks ago, DistroWatch reported that Mageia 9 had been released. Back then, I was swamped with work and, even when the Mageia notifier ...