martes, 11 de julio de 2017

Getting Prepared to Upgrade from Fedora Workstation 25 (KDE) to 26


I decided to install Fedora Workstation 25 (KDE) on December 28, 2016 and, despite the learning curve, I found myself happy with it.

Today, DistroWatch announced that Fedora 26 was released, and this announcement threw me at the eternal crossroads of the Linux users: If the system is running fine, why upgrading it?

Taking into account that I am not an expert Fedora user, the operation can become a risky one.  In addition, today is one of those days in which my technological biorhythm (if such a thing actually exists) instructs me to keep away from computers as much as I can.

But I have this article that details the upgrade process.

What can go wrong?

Let's live dangerously!

4 comentarios:

  1. What OS are you using the most? And what do you think is the best choice for a Mandriva based distribution? Mageia, OpenMandriva or Rosa?

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I use PCLinuxOS, Mageia, OpenMandriva and Fedora the most. I boot each OS at least 3 times a week. OpenMandriva is faster than Mageia and has more updated software, but updating packages is a bit confusing (Discover and the Control Center). Mageia seems more stable. Regarding ROSA, I haven't installed it yet, so I could not tell.

      Eliminar
  2. C'est la vie! We have to live dangerously! :D

    ResponderEliminar
  3. C'est la vie! We have to live dangerously! :D

    ResponderEliminar

And the Magic is Ready!

Two weeks ago, DistroWatch reported that Mageia 9 had been released. Back then, I was swamped with work and, even when the Mageia notifier ...