lunes, 1 de diciembre de 2014

On Document Sharing and Ignorance

I have never understood why is it that so many Windows users ignore basic strategies to open files.  I mean, when producing a document, they are like zombies: they do not seem to know that, if they do not select a friendly format, compatibility issues arise.  And I am talking about MS Office-produced documents!

Fortunately for them, with the impending migration to LibreOffice, their problem will soon be solved ... but they don't know.

In the meantime, the document hell they are going through is getting more and more complicated with each version of MS Office and Windows!

Sometimes I feel tempted to do this :D



4 comentarios:

  1. Meh. I'm just glad that I don't have to deal with that as much now in graduate school - most documents I deal with are PDFs. But in corporate environments, it must suck to have to deal with poorly-formatted Microsoft Office documents in LibreOffice.
    --
    a Linux Mint user since 2009 May 1

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi, PV,
      You are right. Funny thing is that they blame it on my software, not theirs, when it is actually MS Office causing the problem!

      Eliminar

And the Magic is Ready!

Two weeks ago, DistroWatch reported that Mageia 9 had been released. Back then, I was swamped with work and, even when the Mageia notifier ...