viernes, 6 de enero de 2017

Epson XP 231 vs Mageia 5... The Final Chapter

I was truly feeling like giving up on getting the Epson XP 231 to scan properly on Mageia.  I tried pretty much everything, even Megatotoro's solution, to no avail.

However, I discovered that the real problem was that, although sane-find-scanner would actually find the scanner, there was a permission problem.

I confirmed this when I ran xsane as root and could scan.  Of course, one solution was to chmod the file where the scanner was at /dev/bus/usb/003/, but that was temporary

The real solution was found here, at the Mageia forums.  I only had to add my user to the lp group.


2 comentarios:

  1. And thus you finished the most interesting board game ever designed! :P

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Yes, hahaha! At times, I felt like playing Limbo!

      Eliminar