miércoles, 30 de enero de 2013

Backup time!

Yes, I'm making backups.  No, my hard drive did not suffer any strange virus infection; those times are over thanks to Linux.

No, I did not mess up with the system, either.

I simply figured it's time to back up my blog, something that, by the way, I've never done.

Everything that I have learned from Linux is written in this blog.  I will be in a serious pinch if I were to lose all these 200 entries and the insightful comments of generous readers who shared their knowledge with me.

I followed the process described in this fun article here and got a 2,5MB xml file, which I compressed in a beautiful tarball (473KB)and uploaded to Google drive and sent myself by email, just in case.

Of course, I do not get to keep the pictures, but still...


1 comentario:

  1. You can upload this blog to Skydrive or, better yet, buy a Surface and take advantage of its great storing capacity to keep a backup of your blog! :P

    ResponderEliminar

And the Magic is Ready!

Two weeks ago, DistroWatch reported that Mageia 9 had been released. Back then, I was swamped with work and, even when the Mageia notifier ...