martes, 29 de enero de 2013

Some random thoughts while waiting

The wait for Pardus Anka has been long...and my expectations are high, especially when I saw Pardus Tubitak without PiSi.

At least, seeing the comeback of Elive has made the wait a lot more interesting.  I tried the second Alpha and all I have to say is that it is the best alpha I've ever seen in my life. 

And Mandriva, or OpenMandriva, or MoonDrake (or any other name that they end up calling it) is also on my list of awaited releases. Yes, I  know many people think that the Mandriva ship has sunk.  The fact is, OpenMandriva.org is buzzing with mail list activity underneath the Web site posts.

I am sure I will not be disappointed.  Even if the releases take long and are not what I had imagined, I cannot be worse off than those poor users who are going to be cheated by Microsoft's Surface Pro and its amazing 64GB 23GB of storage! I loved picturing the blank stare of consumers as they are told that they "will be able to free up additional storage space by 'creating a backup bootable USB and deleting the recovery partition'" or that they can always extend the storage by buying additional hardware.  Nice!  That way maybe they can get to the promised 64GB :D

Can you imagine if Microsoft sold you a four-wheel drive car? 


I guess Surface Pro is going to make the 128GB iPad shine at its price tab of $1000.

 Which reminds me... Where's the Vivaldi Tablet?

2 comentarios:

  1. I'm also waiting for Mepis 12, or 13 (or whatever it is called) and Jetpack 2 for Linux.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Yes, Mepis and Mageia 3 should also be on the list.
      Concerning Jetpack 2, the demo is (barely) playable in Linux again.

      Eliminar

And the Magic is Ready!

Two weeks ago, DistroWatch reported that Mageia 9 had been released. Back then, I was swamped with work and, even when the Mageia notifier ...